Saturday, April 01, 2006

Get real and get to the finish.

I re-read the post I wrote regarding finshing times. I need to get a bit more practical, the cycling leg, is my strength. I can't go out and do 23mph on the flats and expect a decent run. Mostly because it is not just a run, but a marathon. My longest run is 20 miles and this is another 10K further. If anything I need to conserve energy and try to squeeze as much out of my fat metabolism by backing off the pace and paying attention to my Heart Rate. I need to get to the finish, qualifying for Kona is a separate dream to be fulfilled later. Maybe after I have run some good quality mileage and can get to 7 minute/mile pacing. That could easily take another year or more to acheive. It is good to have future goals, one does not want to meet all your expectations on a single day, if you do your dream clearly was not big enough."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home