Friday, August 14, 2009

New Goals

I am using this to track my progress to compete in a Sprint Triathlon on Oct. 4th 2009. I want to do it because it is in my home town and I want to try Sprint format Triathlons as a new challenge. I am not sure how my endurance experience will translate to an anerobic high speed effort but I am silling to give it a shot.

Today, I the first day of training.

Wake Time: 6am
Weather: Semi Cool for this time of year
Exercise Efforts: Ran for 40 minutes, with one mile of speedier running
Feedback: Felt a bit stiff, feet a bit sore from riding Sunday's 67 mile off-road marathon
Physical Stats: Weighed in 196 pounds
Goals: Drop 4 pounds in next 4 weeks with regular workouts.


I have 8 weeks to prepare, so I want to see how good I can be at short distances. Always wanted to do a sub 1 hour sprint race. This may be the "one". Focusing first 4 weeks on volume training to get prepared for harder more intense workouts. Second four weeks will be bricks, speed work, and high intensity efforts with short durations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home